Gabon Wood, Woodworking Machinery & Forestry Show’s 2nd edition is all set to take place from 24 – 26 June, 2019 in Libreville, Gabon. Post its successful launch edition in 2018, it has gained the reputation of being the only dedicated platform for the wood, forestry and machinery sectors in the West and Central African region. This unique and exciting platform offers you the chance to meet wood, woodworking machinery and forestry professionals, develop ideas for increasing the range and quality of your business, and learn new techniques and sources of supply. It is a quest to be the best platform for creative ideas and new technologies, and showcase innovative resources that would lead to lucrative transactions. The exhibition is organized in partnership with Gabon Special Economic Zone based out of Libreville which is a business entity of partnership between Olam International Gabonese government.
Gabon is a bustling business hub with rapid development and expansion. It is the ideal place for the global wood industry to meet. The exhibition would display the latest products and innovations in the wood and forestry industry in the region.
Gabon has an ambitious vision in the forest-wood sector by 2025:
“The wood sector has undergone a significant evolution in the last years and helped in the creation of more
than 13,000 job opportunities .The development of Gabon is effectively linked to the sustainable development of the wood sector on several levels. Consequently, it is mandatory to have a rational management strategy to make the sector more developed and profitable.
In this direction, Gabon WoodShow, which is initiative of many partnerships, aims to make Gabon the world leader and first destination of certified tropical timber, driven by an innovative industry, fully valuing the forest under sustainable management.”
H.E Ali Bongo Ondimba
President of Gabon
Timber trade in West and Central Africa
The West and Central Africa region is an important producer of wood products and the production is highly dominated by the industrial round wood (mainly the production of sawn wood and wooden-based panels). Historically, countries in this region have been log exporters.
Timber trade in the West and Central Africa region is influenced by local, regional and overseas demands with Europe being an important market for the major producing countries. Much of the demand for wood product in the region is for rough-sawn and low-grade timber used in construction and joineries within regional markets.
Some of the key features:
- 2 largest mass of tropical rainforests in the world.
- 230 million hectares of forest covering six African countries: Gabon, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Equatorial Guinea, and Republic of Congo.
- 100+ species of trees: okoumé (Aucoumea klaineana), sapelli (Entandrophragma cylindricum), ayous (Triplochiton scleroxylon), limba (Terminalia superba), and moabi (Baillonella toxisperma), ebony, Wengue.
- More than 16 million units of roundwood production every year.
- Exports to countries of the European Union, China, USA, etc.
- Increasing intra-regional demand for wood products (building materials, furniture) resulting from high population growth, increasing urbanization and the development of middle class.
- 450+ million inhabitants.
10 Reason to Exhibit
- 1Get special brand recognition and promote through a major regional and international marketing campaign.
- 2Learn about the latest industry trends, technologies and innovative products by interacting with industry specialists and monitor your competition.
- 3Make new business contacts and expand the reach of your business by meeting important business partners (importers, plywood manufacturers, traders, trade associations and institutions).
- 4Great opportunity to conclude business during the course of the show with serious buyers. Expecting 3000+ professional visitors from the industry with purchasing and decision making power.
- 5Enjoy the benefit of geographic position of Gabon in West Africa which also acts as a gateway to the Central African market of more than 250 million consumers.
- 6The Gabon government plans to make the country more business friendly and become an emerging economy by 2025.
- 7All the necessary facilities are available such as hotels, public transport and an international airport.
- 8Easy application and approvals for E-Visas to enter Gabon.
Strong Reasons to Visit Gabon WoodShow
- First ever Wood, Woodworking Machinery & Forestry Equipment specialized exhibition in West and Central Africa.
- Exhibition to take place in the heart of capital city of Libreville with easy access to the venue.
- Interact with industry experts to learn more about the industry in Africa and the products on offer.
- Grab the special lucrative deals on offer by the exhibitors during the course of the show.
- Chance to explore the premium African wood species to expand or include them in your portfolio of products to increase your business.